March 16, 2020
As we deal with ever-increasing health and safety concerns around the current COVID-19 pandemic, our primary concern is the health and safety of our employees, their families, and our clients and partners. Like you, we have been closely monitoring the situation for many weeks. Following recommendations and guidance from public health authorities, we have taken many precautionary steps in the hope that this would allow us to continue to safely serve our clients in this uncertain time. As the situation evolves, we want to keep you informed of our operational plans, which currently include the following:
- We have given all employees the option of working from home effective March 16th, and we expect this to be in effect until Monday March 30th at the earliest. Please be aware that in preparation for this, last week we took the necessary steps to equip all staff with the required technology to work and access our server remotely. Please note that for the foreseeable future, the best means to contact any member of our staff will be by email, which we will endeavor to respond to as quickly as possible;
- We have put in place an internal communication strategy to ensure internal collaboration, thereby allowing us to continue to work together as effectively as possible;
- All meetings (internal and external) will be held via phone or video/web conferencing solutions. Should you have an in-person meeting scheduled with any of our staff, we will be contacting you directly to make alternative arrangements;
- We have put in place a series of internal safety and security procedures which include heightened hygienic protocols to ensure the health of our employees and the public at large;
- All work-related travel by our employees has been indefinitely suspended;
- In accordance with public health recommendations and direction , any employee who has traveled outside of the country in the last 14 days has been asked to self-quarantine for 14 days.